I love it when October rolls around. It's a soft reminder that fall is here. Scarves, boots, and all pumpkin flavored goodies begin to make their way onto the scene as the air starts to crisp in the early mornings.
I'll admit it, I have always had a hard time consuming my daily recommended water intake. On a good day, I'm lucky to get 3 full glasses. As it gets cooler, I cling even more tightly to my coffee's and teas.
Months ago, I discovered a new flavor of water that I absolutely love. It doesn't require much effort to make, and I've been able to drink more than I thought I could on any given day. The taste brings back childhood memories of Quaker Oats Apple and Cinnamon Instant Oatmeal on cold raining mornings before heading off to school.
One major perk of this delicious water includes a detoxifying affect.
Apple Cinnamon Infused Water
- 1 fuji or honey crisp apple, thinly sliced
- 1-2 sticks of fresh ceylon cinnamon (I buy mine from Cinnamon Vogue)
- fresh purified water (I used Costco's reverse osmosis bottled water)
- large pitcher
1. Place sliced apples and cinnamon sticks in a large pitcher and fill with purified water
2. Let the contents marinate in the refrigerator for a couple of hours or more depending on taste. The longer it marinates, the more flavorful the water.
Note: This water will keep for approximately 3 days before the apples start to brown and mold. If you don't plan on drinking the water quickly, remove the apples completely, or replace them with fresh ones every three days.